10.11.12

Chocolate Espresso Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

 
A couple weeks ago I was supposed to bake dessert for a cocktail party I was attending - I had planned a couple of delicious show stoppers. The were 1) Chocolate coconut rounds and 2) Marshmallow topped peanut butter pretzel squares. I baked them both the day of the party and as I was portioning them into mini cocktail sized portions, I decided I didn't like how either of them presented, or tasted. So, now with only 1 1/2 hours to finish getting myself ready and find another dessert option, I had to think and do quickly - off to pinterest I went. I found these chocolate espresso brownie cookies, but I didn't have time to get to the store to buy the ingredients I needed, so I made due. Lo and behold, they turned out amazing and were a total hit. Who knew such a simple and easy cookie could be such a superstar. Make these and be prepared to want to eat the whole batch!! They're that good!
 
 
 Chocolate Espresso Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Recipe minimally adapted from Just a Taste

Ingredients:
  • 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
  • 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup peanut butter chips
  • 8 tbsp butter
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp instant coffee granules
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Combine unsweetened chocolate, semi sweet chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on low heat, stirring at 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the eggs, sugar and coffee granules on high speed until smooth and very thick - about 3 minutes. Slowly add the chocolate mixture to the bowl, whisking until just combined.
  4. Turn off stand mixer and add flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl. Stir until just combined. Add peanut butter chips and stir until just combined.
  5. Place scoopfuls of batter onto parchment lined baking sheets leaving approximately 2 inches in between them. Bake in preheated oven for 15 - 18 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Do not overbake - if in doubt, underbake. Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.


Hope you are having a fantastic weekend! I know I am! The sun is shining, I've had a chance to do some baking and some shopping so life is good. To those of you Canadians reading this, be sure to take the time to pause and remember those soldiers who fought and lost their lives for our freedom tomorrow on Remembrance Day. They made it possible for us to have many freedoms not enjoyed by people in all areas of the world and as such, we owe them tribute for their selfless acts. Lest we forget.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Happy Baking my Friends!

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice site. Good fresh, informative articles and beautiful interface. I’ll be back soon, to thank the great article. Thanks for you sharing. I am very impressed, so it has been found that you haveso well with so much class, subject and more

    ReplyDelete