5.1.12

Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate


Did you make New Years resolutions this year? What kind of resolutions do you usually make? I always make New Years resolutions, and I'm always dead set on achieving them... for about a month, then my motivation wears off and I revert back to my old ways. Part of that may be the fact that my resolutions are usually overly ambitious and I try to change overnight. The fact is that change takes time - it doesn't just hapen overnight, and developing new habits and ways of life is tough so you have to be patient with yourself. This year I haven't talked much about my resolutions, but I feel like I need to document them here. I made sure I didn't set too many goals for this year and that they are achievable for the most part. Here are my resolutions for the year - both personal and blog related:
  1. Improve my blog through the use of better photos and more frequent posting. Plan posts in advance and stick to my schedule.
  2. Be nicer. At home, at work, to my friends.
  3. Get active a minimum of four days per week. Doesn't have to be anything crazy, just get off my butt and walk the dog, do some crunches, go for a run or do a workout off my Nike Training App I just downloaded for my phone (its free and its awesome - go download it if you're wanting to get active - it is a great tool to help you be successful).
Reasonable right? I'm looking forward to improving myself in 2012 in little ways and eventually those little things will add up to big things. :)


Any way, on to what you came here for - the recipe!! Peanutty, chocolatey, creamy goodness in a mug... it is like a taste of heaven! Sooooo smooth and decadent. You probably won't want to share... its that good. But you should share because that's the nice thing to do (or, just double the recipe!!).


Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Recipe minimally adapted from Bonnie the Baker

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups skim milk or 1% milk
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp smooth, creamy peanut butter
  • whipped cream, mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows for garnish
Method:
  1. Mix cocoa, brown sugar, milk, cinnamon stick, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until mixture is smooth. Simmer to let the cinnamon stick flavour the hot chocolate for a couple minutes. Lower the heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Heat mixture to desired temperature, but don't simmer or bubble the mixture at all or it will get grainy.
  2. Pour into large mug. Garnish with whipped cream, mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Makes one large mug.
This one is nice and easy to whip up on a week night and you will love to savor it while reading your favorite novel or browsing your favorite food blogs.

Happy Baking my Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment