13.2.11

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! Mine has been great - a welcome rest from the craziness of last week. I felt moderately productive this weekend too! Hubby and I managed to finish a bench we have been "refinishing" for the last year. And I made some great meals this weekend - Lamb Rogan Josh on Saturday night and Pork Carnitas tonight! Deliciousness. :) In light of all the cooking / baking this weekend, I thought I would post something nice and simple with comfort-food qualities... I mean, who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies?!

This is a great recipe - simple, delicious and quick to make! I found it in the Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book years ago. It is my go-to recipe. I do have other recipes that I like too, but I've made this one so many times I pretty well have it memorized! I hope you enjoy it as much as we always do.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups chocolate chips (I only use 1 - 1 1/2 cups)

Method:

  1. Stir flour, soda and salt together. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
  2. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, mixing until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
  3. Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes. Be sure not to over cook them!


Happy Baking my Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Even though I see hundreds of beautiful and creative cookie posts all over the web, there is nothing better than a good ol' fashioned chocolate chip cookie. Congrats on finishing your bench! I hope you'll be posting pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will most definitely be posting pics of the finished bench! I am going to wait until I finish my plans for the entry-way to our house! Then I'll post a pic of the whole finished product! Can't wait til its done. :)

    ReplyDelete