10.9.10

Weekend Wines IV

Happy Friday! Hopefully all of you have something spectacular to look forward to this weekend - whether it's an awesome concert, a trip with friends or family or just hanging out and taking some well deserved relaxation time! I am taking a trip to Vancouver Island with my mom & sister to visit some family and just relax and enjoy ourselves. I'm really looking forward to it.

Since it's the beginning of the weekend, I am going to post about wine again! What better time to enjoy a glass (or two) of vino than on the weekend! I've got two really great bottles of wine to tell you about today.
First up is another wine from the Burrowing Owl Estate Winery. It is a 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon. It was a very interesting wine and apparently a very popular wine at the vineyard - they can't keep it in stock! Here are the tasting notes from the wine maker:


A deep dark red core and violet rim present a vibrant aroma of mint, cassis,
tomato leaf and fresh herbs. The palette continues with smooth balanced tannins
with long length and a clean robust finish. The wine expresses predominantly
mint, cassis, tobacco and cloves with a hint of nutmeg and the smoky notes of
the oak. Drink now through 2016, longer if properly cellared.
We tried a bottle of this wine simply because the lady working in the tasting room highly recommended it. We definitely weren't disappointed.


The second bottle of wine I'm going to tell you about today is my absolute favorite as of late. I've been waiting for Vista D'Oro Farms to release this wine all summer and am so excited to say that it totally exceeds any expectations I had for the wine! My good friend knew I had been waiting for it's release, so she bought me a bottle and brought it over for me to try! I'm so happy she did - I've already been back to buy another bottle - it's that good! :) If you're looking to try this wine, it might be available near where you live - check out this list of retailers on their webpage. And if it's not available at a liquor store, you may be able to order some online. Definitely check out their webpage.


They don't have any tasting notes up on their webpage yet, but this wine is a delicious, dry 2009 Gewurztraminer. Awesome on it's own or with seafood or pasta. If you get a chance to try this wine, I would highly recommend it!

Have a great weekend everyone! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment