1.9.10

Frozen Lemon Mousse


I promised a few of you a while ago that I would blog about my frozen lemon mousse recipe and I'm finally getting around to it now. Just in time for summer to be over. :( Hopefully you can forgive me (I know you will once you taste it - its that good!).

Being a crazy Anna Olson fan like myself has its perks - if you become a fan on her facebook page, she posts test recipes once a month for fans such as myself to try out and provide feedback on. This Frozen Lemon Mousse was one of those test recipes. After reading other fans' feedback regarding the recipe, it seems it wasn't lemony enough. I wasn't going to have any of that - hubby LOVES lemon, so this had to be lemony! So I changed the recipe up a bit... the recipe below includes my changes. Hopefully you enjoy this recipe - everyone who tried them at my house adored them. :)


Frozen Lemon Mousse
Adapted from Anna Olson's Test Recipe - August 2010

Ingredients:

  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 pkg dream whip (alternatively omit the milk and dream whip and just use 1 1/2 cups whipping cream)
  • 1/2 cup Source Lemon Meringue Parfait yogurt
  • 2 tbsp fresh grated lemon juice
  • zest of two lemons
  • fresh berries for garnish

Method:

  1. Whip egg whites until foamy. Add 1/4 cup icing sugar and whip til whites hold a stiff peak. In another bowl whip milk and dream whip mix according to package directions. Reduce speed and add remaining 3/4 cup icing sugar, yogurt, lemon juice and zest. Add large spoonful of cream mixture to egg whites and gently fold in. Fold whites into cream in two additions.
  2. Pour mixture into 8 6-oz ramekins or other freezer safe containers. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours.
  3. To serve - turn out onto dessert plates and top with fresh berries.
This recipe is so creamy and decadent tasting and if you use yogurt and dream whip, it is actually quite low in fat! Healthy and delicious?! Yes indeed. Hopefully you have the chance to enjoy this summery recipe before the fall hits in full force and it is too cold to enjoy frozen desserts. Happy Baking my Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment